Pages

Saturday 21 March 2015

Happy Running vs Fast Running - Crandon Runs Friday Photo #25

A round up of Crandon Runs in one weekly photo

I have been loving running recently. I have come to terms with the fact that I'm not running a marathon this year and without the pressure of marathon training, running feels bounce-around-the-roads-gleefully-not-thinking-just-running-freedom again! Hurrah!

That said, I've still been logging some double digit runs in preparation for the races I've got looming on the horizon. First up is the Wilmslow Half Marathon this weekend.

Wilmslow Half marathon race number

I am really excited to be running this, mostly because of the pub lunch and beer I've got planned with some of my favourites post race. But also because I feel like I've not run a race in ages and I am more than ready to get back out there and get me some more running medals. One of my resolutions was to beat my PB and run under 1.45. That said, I also want to really enjoy the race and continue with this 'no pressure' running. I realise how contradictory this is, but such is the mind of a self competitive runner. 

So, my number one goal on Sunday is to run happy, number two goal is to get under 1.45. Either way, the beers, roast and friends will still be waiting for me at the end. Fingers crossed I'll manage to achieve both goals and run happy AND fast. That's the dream.

I'll keep you posted.

Like what you see? Follow me on bloglovin or subscribe by email top right of the screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment