Pages

Friday 23 January 2015

Nike+ Run Club MCR - Crandon Runs Friday Photo #17

A round up of Crandon Runs in one weekly photo

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, running with people is MUCH more fun that running solo. In my early running days I was such a fool, I knew there were ways out there to run with others and instead I opted to always go out alone. Solo. Solitary. A running table for one.

Well now I'm an older and wiser runner, I know the benefits of running with others and this week I tried something new. After parkrun was cancelled on Saturday due to ice on the course, I was at a bit of a loss as to how to get another run in this week. Sure I could go out alone, but I was looking forward to running with people. I wanted the extra motivation that running with others brings, and didn't fancy braving the Arctic temperatures alone. I remembered that the Nike Running shop in town now has a running group which very kindly starts at 10 on a Sunday and thus enabling a little lie in too. Perfect.


#werunmcr

We did about 4.5 miles with the option to continue to do 13 if you wanted, and all ran together through the Manchester mist. We stopped for obligatory snaps as well as having a little two team race around the Eithiad stadium. FUN. And that's what I love about running in a group, doing new and different things within your run that you just wouldn't do when you're out by yourself. You can get your chat on, meet new people and basically have way more fun - all while getting your run in. I also got to meet Sarah from thatsquatbot fame - a fellow Manchester blogger who also supplied this week's photo above. Go check her blog out if you haven't already!

So if you're thinking about running with others, go and join in. It's not scary, everyone's friendly and I can guarantee you'll enjoy your run more. 

Nike+ Run Club offer free runs every Thursday and Sunday. See their Facebook page for more details.

Like what you see? Pop your email in the box top right and get Crandon Runs straight into your inbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment